Okay so I have a little site I set up to work in conjunction with the forum that is part of The Survival Podcast. I now realize a few things,
1. The site should not have ever been limited to my Podcast’s forum, it should only have a strong association with it.
2. The site has mad potential due to the leverage of my existing brand, it can bring me great talent to interview, I can sell over flow advertising on it (and I have plenty) and it can reach and bring in many people who don’t know about my podcast as well.
3. The site needs to be on buddy press, build its own community, etc.
4. I absolutely do not have the time to work on it, I can do some marketing for it but not the day to day grind.
5. The site will take about 6 months to ramp up to a revenue stream and a year to have a really respectable one so I can’t gamble on paying a person any kind of salary, I will have to offer a partnership arrangement. Details are in the video.
So with that in mind I am looking for a partner to run SaveOurSkills.com, full details in the above video, please follow the instructions to be considered precisely and please do not apply if you don’t have the qualifications I list in the video. Any incomplete application or clearly under-qualified applicant will be discarded immediately. I don’t mean to come off like a jerk here but I don’t have time to train a person on this, I need a qualified applicant comfortable with the parameters of the project. There will be mentoring on this project but not training if that makes sense.
- Experience using WordPress, including installing plugins, making posts, moderation, etc. Basically you need to be fully competent in the WordPress platform, not an expert just able to manage and run a WordPress blog. The best way to prove this will be to send me a link to an existing blog using WP you manage
- Experience using Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- A passion for primitive and what I call functional skills, everything from making fire to changing oil in a car
- A minimum commitment to work 10-15 hours a week and ensure content is added every business day M-F I don’t care if you do all the work on a weekend and set up delayed publishing but there must be at least one post a day.
- The ability to find good content, find bloggers who want to guest post, collect and embed videos from youtube and other sites and publish posts with them.
- Good proof reading and editing skills, in other words you are the pain in the ass that points out my typos to me and now there is a benefit to your talent for being a nit picky English teacher type
- If you have basic photo shop skills it is a big plus
- If you can write php code you really have an edge but this is not required by any means
The Return of Investment
In a nut shell I provide the system, the blog, the hosting, mentorship and a modest marketing budget (100 or so bucks a month), you do all the work and you get 65% of all revenue the site generates and if ever sold of you get 55% of the price we sell the site for. There will be a contract that includes the obligations of both sides once a candidate is chosen but this is the long and short of the agreement. I maintain ownership and control of the site and get to decide if we sell or not, etc. Minor details can be worked out and the contract will have a provision allowing for you to renegotiate terms to slightly improve them after 6 months of proving you are going to make it work.
How to Apply
Listen to the video and email exactly the information I request. Consider getting that right the first part of the screening process. About Aug 10th I will choose a short list for follow up interviews. Here is exactly what a successful candidate will be sending me. You really need to visit SaveOurSkills.com first and get an understanding of the purpose of the site. The smart thing to do is cut and paste the below bullets and answer them in order. Send this response to jack @ thesurvivalpodcast.com and put saveourskills.com in the subject line.
- One paragraph on exactly why you are the right person for this job, leave the technical aspects out of this one. Tell me why you are a good fit for SaveOurSkills.com, how does the site and its’ niche fit with your belief system and passion.
- Send me links to any blogs you own or currently contribute to.
- Tell me your experience and knowledge level of WordPress.
- Tell me how you plan to allocate the 15 hours a week you are going to need to put into building this site
- Find 4 pieces of content you would feature on saveourskills.com, you can use Youtube, the TSP Forum and other sites like eHow, other blogs, etc. The smart candidate will use at least four sources for his/her four pieces of content
- Tell me about your current use of facebook, youtube, twitter and any other social media sites
- Tell me about any writing or proof reading work you may have done
- Tell me any additional web or business skills you have including things like programming, graphic design, etc.
Do not hesitate to apply if you are truly passionate about the subject and have proficiency in WordPress in the end those are the two most important factors, by the way I told you the resume was dead!