A member recently asked about reusing your content specifically taking older blog posts and redoing them as podcasts. There were wondering if this was a good idea and would it be effective as a marketing tactic. I believe it is first of all because I have successfully done it but additionally consider the following…
- Many new visitors to your site will not go back and read your early work
- You “reuse” will not really be just a repeat because you now have new information
- If you change the form (text to audio) you reach a new market segment
- If you content is solid people will want to hear new angles on original work
- You will be shocked how much “new” you can bring when you redo something “old”
The key is don’t just reuse the content bring new value add to the table and your audience will generally be quite happy to listen to or read your latest work.