I have just been getting a ton of “how do I” style questions around podcasting lately. I am going to do the best I can with these as explaining technical mechanics on an audio show isn’t the easiest thing to do, the key is the resources and the concepts. Trust me a Youtube or Google search will review the how today of just about anything if you know what you are looking for. Hence today I will focus mostly on the what and the why and trust that the motivated individual will find the how. I will also of course absolutely answer any questions below and perhaps do another episode based on follow up questions to this one.
Resources mentioned today…
- My MP3 Recorder I use for FMwJ
- Samson C01U Condenser Microphone – what I use for desktop recording
- Audacity – Free program I use for recording
- Skype – What I use to conduct interviews
- Pamela – How I record Skpe Interviews
- Levelator – How I level the volume of multi person podcasts with big differentials. Note levelator only works with dot wav files so you will have to convert back to a mp3 before publishing, it is worth the extra step and besides the computer is the one doing the work.
- PodPress – It is best just to search for it in “Add New” under plugins in WordPress
- FeedBurner – For optimized feeds
- Smart FTP – FTP Program I personally use, most of them are fine though.