Today I do sort of a follow up on yesterday’s show on keywords based on a question a listener asked at TheRoadTo100K. That question was…
Now what if the search phrase doesn’t make sense grouped together in a sentence, 3 different keywords lumped together?
This is really not that complicated, the basic rules are
1. First see if the terms can be found in another data point where they are less clunky, minimal competition and have the same or more traffic, if you find that, use that.
2. If you can’t do the above, try to make the phrase work with “throw away operators” such as the, a, and, if, etc.
3. If you can’t do number 2, try to keep the words in order, use as many throw away operators as you can and fill it is with other words.
4. If you can’t do number 3, change the order as minimally as possible, use throw away operators where you can and try to preserve some of the phrase.
5. When all else fails get the words into a sentence and in the title and descripton tag and make some sort of link with at least some of the words part or your seo smart links campaign.
6. Do your best, focus on content for humans and don’t stress out about any of this.
Tune in for More!
Resources for Today’s Show