This weekend was one of the worst ever for getting self serving assclown emails. I am pretty sure the exposure on Glenn Beck added to but I received a good half dozen emails between Friday and this morning from people asking for links, book reviews, etc on The Survival Podcast. Each of these emails had some common threads. They included…
1. None of them demonstrated any understanding of my community, my website etc. They simple said things like, “we are a good fit for you”.
2. None offered anything in return they simply wanted an endorsement link or to be featured. No offer of a link back or to do an affiliate relationship, etc. This is quite arrogant. Not that I would have said yes if they did but I sure would have felt less “used” in the interaction.
3. Each told me how great it would be for me, if I helped them because they were so awesome it would make me look good to promote their agenda.
4. Each clearly wanted to take and give nothing back.
5. None made an even remote attempt to establish any form of a relationship before asking for something.
One guy was even so arrogant he wanted me to review his book, this clown sent me a Amazon link so I could BUY IT. Yea sure buddy I am going to spend my money to buy a book from a guy I’ve never heard of and recommend it to my community of 35,000 simply because you asked. Really? Today though while I rant on this stuff there is a much deeper lesson on how to choose good partners and how to be a good partner.