Recently I was featured on a panel over at Podcast Squared, the topic was a really exciting panel all about the one thing most podcasters find elusive: monetization. I was featured along side Chris Mancini from Comedy Film Nerds and together we quickly dispelled the myth that no one makes real money from podcasting.
We covered topics like…
- The idiocy of the “pay wall” for older episodes
- Why community is more important than the method monetization
- Why the “supporting member” model is so powerful
- How advertising revenue can play a role but won’t likely make you totally free
- Using drop shipping and affiliate sales
- The power of “owning the product” vs. selling someone else’s
There likely won’t be a ton of episodes in the next two weeks as I will be in Montana for a week of training with Sepp Holzer and Paul Wheaton but this is an hour long panel that I think will really help you monetize not just a podcast but frankly any blog or forum.