So I am going to Open Camp on the 28th and 29th of August. There are a ton of sessions in 7 different “tracks”, you can see the full schedule here. Each track is dedicated to a specific technology or sector. The seven tracks are
- DrupalCamp Business
- DrupalCamp Developer
- Multi Media
As you may have guessed I will be heavy on the WordPress and Multi Media stuff with a bit from the common in as part of my choices. Tenatively I am planning on attending the following Sessions.
- 10:00 – Practically Illegal Black Hat SEO (I want to see exactly how black this guys hat is, I bet mine is BLACKER)
- 10:30 – Success with Multimedia
- 11:00 – Clever Tricks for Your Blog
- 11:30 – Online Marketing Mindset
- 13:30 – Audio Podcasting Tips
- 14:00 – Make Your Own Breaks
- 14:30 – Live Streaming
- 16:00 – What Counts in Social Media
- 16:30 – Analytics: A Deeper Look at Woopra
- 17:00 – Taking Your Content Mobile
- 09:30 – Social Media Marketing & Mediocrity
- 10:30 – How to Make a Better Blog (only because the speaker is Chris Prillo)
- 11:30 – Boosting Social SEO for Blogs
- 13:30 – Podcasting Power Ups
- 14:30 – Advanced Video Production
- 16:00 – Plugins that Blow Your Mind (They hooked me over the podcasting one on passion! How well I figure I have the passion and podcasting thing down and one good plugin you learn about can really be a big deal.)
This is all tentative for now but it will probably be close. Considering there are tons of other sessions and you can do all this for about 140 bucks this is one hell of a great conference! I am highly impressed with what they have done with OpenCamp and think people like folks at Search Engine Strategies could learn about about how much value vs. cost is being delivered. So again if you are going to be there let me know and doing your whole schedule isn’t necessary but hey let me know a few of the sessions you are excited about.
Of course I will be sharing a ton of what I learn in future episodes of Five Minutes with Jack.